TFX Ultra ultrasonic flow and energy meters clamp onto the outside of pipes and do not contact the internal liquid. The technology has inherent advantages over alternate devices including: low-cost installation, no pressure head loss, no moving parts to maintain or replace, no fluid compatibility issue, and a large, bi-directional measuring range that ensures reliable readings even at very low and high flow rates. TFX Ultra is available in a variety of configurations that permit the user to select a meter with features suitable to meet particular application requirements.
The TFX Ultra is available in two versions: a stand-alone flow meter, and an energy flow meter used in conjunction with dual clamp-on RTDs. The energy flow meter measures energy usage in BTU or Tons, and is ideal for retrofit, chilled water and other HVAC applications.
Features of the TFX Ultra include:
- Ability to measure liquids with small amounts of suspended solids or aeration (e.g., surface water, sewage).
- Bi-directional flow measurement system. Totalizer options include forward, reverse and net total.
- Modbus RTU over RS485 communications; Ethernet connection includes BACnet/IP®, EtherNet/IP™ and Modbus TCP/IP protocols.
- Compact enclosure uses large, easy-to-read digital display.
- Rugged, aluminum enclosure ensures a long service life in harsh environments.